Wednesday, January 11, 2012

and the race begins...


Hello Everyone!

It has been a little while since I have updated but things have been so hectic around here lately! Well kyle and I are adjusting quite comfortably to our new home but we encountered a problem recently that is no bueno. Our hot water heater is leaking and completely ruined our wood floors and warped three of our walls. So tomorrow we have a new water heater being put in, and an adjuster coming out for homeowners insurance to do an apprasel of the house and see what needs to be done. I am hoping this process is started imeediately because my brdial showe is next weekend and even though it is not at our house there will be people in and out all day to help prepare food and get ready. In all honsty as long as the problem is fixed and no mold will develop I am just happy for it to be done. Well as you see at the top of the post there are two of my absolue favortie shots from our incrediable engagement shoot. That day in its entirety went beautiful and the pictures are the proof. I will admit there are some that I am a bit disturbed by looking at but then I remember that my body is a process and even though I may not be where I wanted to in those photos or even at the wedding, I am slowly making strides to get there and I will be able to be healthy when Kyle and I decide to start our family. In other news my grandmother recieved word last week that was a bit tolling. After having a test done on the lump removed in her lumpectomy, we were distrubed to know that a high level of cancerous cells was found and my grandma was advised that she should attend chemotherapy. My  grandmothers biggest fear was that she was going to loose her hair and hearing that she would 100% made me upset because I could see in her eyes she was worried. Through this process I have seen so much support from friends but it is hard to relate because no on truly knows how much my grandma means to me. She is always the rock and the one to knock sense into me when I let my emotions get the best of me and to see her break after how strong she has been through everything was rough. It took a toll on me and I will admit I put everything on hold for two days just to spend time in bed because I was drained. However, after falling asleep one night my great grandmother came to me in my dreams and told me how proud she was of what I was doing and to always remember that I am a produc t of her and I am stronger than I know and to just be there for my Mimi. Of courser I naturally woke up upset because my great grandmothers are both subjects in which I still ache and cry when thinking about them being gone.Then after i shed my tears I smiled in knowing that I do indeed have an angel watching over me and my family. I know that when I am sick or hurt I go  to my Mimi for comfort so now it is my time to keep the promise I made to her when I was eight years old. That when the time came and she was older I would be there to care for her, to make her soup when she felt bad or hold her hand when she was scared like she has done for me my entire life. My grandmother is the most beautiful woman I know and even though this process will be difficult she has a new beauty about her that no one can deny and chemo or not; she will always be the beautiful woman I love and admire. My journey has been a bit complicated here lately but I am slowly learning how to cope with everything better. Wi th our wedding in a little over a month and time flying by there is of course stress but all in all I am more excited than ever to just be able to be married to the man I love. While my biggest concern is how I am going to look or not fitting into my dress I know, that I am truly overthinking things and I know that I will look beautiful that day. I was told by Kyle that I could walk down the aisle in sweatpants and sneakers with my hair a mess and still be as beautiful as ever. So in the next week even though there is a lot going on (oh and I started classes again after a 10 week break) I will be sure to update you all on this crazy journey I called life and the arrival of my wedding day.

Until next time my friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment